Explore The Land Of Lincoln With Illinois Family Vacations!
Here are some great Illinois family vacations ideas for you and your family to build some unforgettable memories.
You and your family can have an experience like no other. An Illinois vacation can be a week in the city or enjoy Southern Illinois's great wilderness adventures.
Whatever your family’s expectation is,
You Can Make It Happen!
My family and I have enjoyed what Illinois has to offer. Here are a few ideas for Illinois Vacations:
- Northern IllinoisThe city of Chicago has unlimited amount of activities that your family can enjoy! Here are just a few that you could tailor your Chicago family vacation around:
- Science Museum
- Navy Pier
- Sears Tower
- Shop the magnificent mile
- Professional ball game: Bulls, White Sox, Cubs, The Bears and Black Hawks
- Field Museum
- Millennium Park
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- Shedd Aquarium
- Central IllinoisThe capital of Illinois is a great experience to provide a little history while enjoying your Illinois family vacation. Springfield is located about 3 and a half hours from downtown Chicago and almost 2 hours from St. Louis, Missouri. Here are some great ideas for a Springfield vacation are:
- Abraham Lincoln Home
- Abraham Lincoln's Presidential Library and Museum
- Dana-Thomas Home(F.L. Wright Design)
- Henson Robinson Zoo
- Knight’s Action Park- water park with wave pool and slides, batting cage, driving range and bumper boats. A drive-in theater is located right next door.
Photo by paparutzi
- Mid IllinoisPier Marquette State Park offers an excellent vacation for the family that loves to be outdoors. Here are some of the options for your vacation:
The lodge at Pier Marquette State Park provides a beautiful view of the Mississippi River. The lodge has a laid back and cozy feel. It offers a cocktail lounge, indoor pool, game room, tennis courts and a winery.
- Horseback riding
- Have a picnic
- Biking trails
- Bird watching
- Southern Illinois Shawnee National Forest is a perfect vacation for the family that loves the outdoors and with 270,000 acres the forest there are endless possibilities. Here are a few ideas:
- Horseback riding
- Rock climbing
Illinois family vacation ideas are endless. Explore what vacation activity would fit your family's the best and just enjoy the time together!
Return from Illinois Family Vacations to Midwest Family Vacations