Outstanding Midwest Family Vacation Ideas Are Everywhere …
Are you wondering how to come up with some of the best Midwest family vacation ideas along with meeting everyone’s expectations on a family vacation?
Well you have come to the right place!
One of the best things about the Midwest is the ever changing season and the beautiful outdoors that each season brings. With the seasons changing as quick as they do, it is important to think of different activities for different times of the year.
Here are just a few ideas for the changing seasons to build a great family vacation around!
Spring in the Midwest
Spring is one of my favorite seasons in the Midwest. The tulips and other flowers are starting to come alive and what better time to start enjoying the outdoors after a long winter season. Some great spring ideas to experience are:
Did Your Family Experience An Exciting Midwest Family Vacation? We Would Love To Hear Your Story!
Summer vacation ideas
Summer in the Midwest can provide an endless amount of activities. Take a look at some of these :
- A week of fun at a lake involving tons of water sports and fun in the sun. This doesn't have to cost much and it's a great way to spend time with the family.
- Baseball games are a great Midwest summer tradition.
- Who doesn't enjoy an amusement park in the summer?
- After your done at the amusement park, enjoy cooling off at a water park in the areas!
Photo by zoonabar
Midwest in Fall
Although the end of summer is upon us, Fall is my favorite time of the year in the Midwest. I love all of the colors of gold, orange and red everywhere you look. This season is a great time to start to slow down and enjoy life. There are Fall festivals everywhere you look along with color drives thought all of the Midwestern states. Some other Midwest family vacation ideas are:
- Bike riding many of the trails through the Midwest to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Enjoy music festivals outdoors!
A Midwest vacation is definitely needed during the Winter months! Although the beginning of Winter does not officially start until the middle of December, after Thanksgiving hits winter is in full swing in the Midwest. Here are some of my family’s favorite activities:
- Skiing at one of the many resorts located throughout the Midwest.
- Enjoying the Christmas season by taking a trip to shop in the cities.
- Enjoy ice skating.
- Watch a professional hockey game.
- If you feel adventurous, enjoy snowmobiling.
Whether you are looking at staying close to home or traveling out of state, here are some great family vacation ideas for you listed by state:
When thinking of your Midwest family vacation, just remember the important thing is that you and your family are spending quality time together!
Have A Great Story About Midwest Family Vacations?
Do you have a great story and/or picture to share about your family's Midwest family vacation?Please Share it!We Would Love To Hear From You!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return from Midwest Family Vacations to Midwest Vacation Ideas